Thursday, February 27, 2014

Transpiration, Humidity, & Why You Should Pay Attention

I found a really great link today after fighting humidity in my grow room.



I couldn't figure out why for the past week I've periodically experienced higher than normal humidity levels. Normal RH in my grow room is 40-50% and as the temperature drops, I sometimes get levels as high as 70% but I'm now getting around 66% during the day. It took a little investigation as to why and if this was a good thing. If I've been fighting to raise humidity in my grow room, then my ladies aren't taking up water and nutes. They instead hold onto it which doesn't promote growth which has been fairly obvious the past month and makes your plants heat stressed which isn't good either when it's actually showing signs.


Lately, I've been tinkering around with ventilation to find the perfect combo of circulation fans and windows to create a optimum environment and the past two days have finally reached a temp of 72F instead of fighting to keep it 79F. Lowering the heat to the "perfect" temp has been very beneficial and I've seen signs of new growth finally. Now I get to fight humidity! HAHA!!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=6913

No comments:

Post a Comment