Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Go Organics! with Jorge Cervantes

Why you should go organic: besides a better quality taste, you should really be aware of ground water pollution; especially if you drink from a well. Hydro has a really hard time going organic though because the material used for organic fertilizers are filled with chunky stuff your pump won't like. I've broken two pumps with filters in less than 30 minutes before I made my organic hydroponic coco coir medium into a lettuce raft where I don't need a water pump. The baby romaines love it and I only have to power an air pump and CFLs. also, organics really, really, stink to high heaven! Decomposing materials rot and stink but provide a lot of nutrients to your ladies. I'm saving all of my organics for outdoors this summer time where I am constructing a NFT pvc system that I tried to build indoors but couldn't get it to not leak. Then I think a sump pump might be a better choice. They're used in ponds and my old one would get covered in dead water lilies but wouldn't break.



No comments:

Post a Comment