Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Grow Weed Easy's Plant Dr & pH Availability of Micronutrients

I haven't tried this yet but I just may soon if I can't get my girls to quit showing signs of rusty brown spots which I thought was a Cal/Mag deficiency. I went out and bought Advance Nutrients Sensi Grow pH Perfect line since the micronutrients are already mixed for you and it really, really, really, does help keep your pH stable. It's supposed to stabilize itself without the use of pH down which I recently learned is salt derived and will show up on your ppm readings so if your ppm's are rising and you are also using a lot of pH down, that may be the case and your water is more salt than fertilizer. I plan on buying lemon juice which will also lower your pH to eliminate this as a issue since I don't use RO water which is what you're supposed to use for perfect pH. I have well water which is 30-80 ppms but Sensi Grow still keeps my pH anywhere from 6.0 to 6.3 instead of the 5.5 as advertised. I'm happy with my results as Calcium and magnesium need at least a 6.0 pH to be absorbed by the plant. Everyone has their idea of what a hydroponic reservoir is supposed to be at and you will hear anything from 5.5 to 6.5 pH but when you look on the micronutrient pH availability chart (Below) then you will see a huge difference between soil and hydro and also, you will find that 5.5 is too low for cal/mag uptake although it is better for NPK ratio. I might try to toy with that come bloom time and see how lowering the pH from 6 to 5.5 affects my bud production and if the cal/mag deficiency comes back.
 

If you're stumped and don't have anyone to turn to, Grow Weed Easy is a great website that provides pics of plants, pests, and anything else that is bringing down your girls. They also have a Plant Dr. where you can send in all of your information and pics and they will diagnosis your plant through email! I was super excited to find this and I hope it helps us all out in our quest for the perfect nugs!

Grow Weed Easy's Plant Dr via email

No comments:

Post a Comment