Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Subcool Super Soil Recipe With Additional "How-To" Info for Bloom

http://growdesignconsign.tumblr.com/post/40276679466/lets-talk-about-super-soil-and-tga-growing-methodology

So my hydroponic adventure has come to a halt due to the vicious pythium root rot and high reservoir temps of 73-77 degrees. I am really upset about this seeing as I have spent quite a bit on hydroponic equipment; even a chiller. If I could only hire an electrician or Tim Allen the Tool Man for "more power!" I could plug in the chiller and have the correct water temp which is supposed to inhibit root rot. Now my plants are sitting in some coco coir mix by Roots Organics, perlite, a bit of Fox Farm Ocean Forest, and a fair amount of hydrocorn pellets.

I started looking online into Subcool's Super Soil a while back with the first hydroponics plants. I had a finicky lady who didn't like the nutes the other girls were getting so I stuck her in Fox Farm's Ocean Forest (FFOF) and perlite. She's been in there a while and has really been thriving. FFOF is fairly expensive so I've gotten some other stuff to mix in for these new girl's containers. Slowly but surely, all of my plants have gotten root rot and had to go into soil now. The soil has healed the roots organically with beneficial bacteria and love.

Soil is not exactly new for me and I really am not a fan of dirty hands or lettuce leaves, so hydro looked very appealing. I have not given up on hydro but am giving it one last shot outdoors now in a greenhouse to see if I can be more successful while the outside temps are still cool using lettuce. Until I can get an electrician to outfit my veg room with more power, I will be posting on soil growing, microbes, beneficial bacteria, organics and all that yummy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment